eSuisse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This forum is going to be close soon, don't register here but on www.eHelvetia.ch Thanks!
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pokémon EV06 : où acheter le Bundle Lot 6 Boosters Mascarade ...
Voir le deal

Law proposal

Go down 
+8
El Trail
Nicktheh
F4ucon
arisocrates
MacEron
Eleriel
Sirmoilamain
JNArno
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JNArno
Admin
Admin
JNArno

Law proposal Empty
PostSubject: Law proposal   Law proposal EmptyFri 25 Sep - 10:31

Now that we're free,
we need to discuss of some laws that we could make... any ideas? i'll list them here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cartonrouge.ch
Sirmoilamain

Sirmoilamain

Law proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Law proposal   Law proposal EmptyFri 25 Sep - 11:52

There are so many things to do!

I think we should define criterias to obtain the Swiss nationality. We have to be carefull and in certain conditions, refuse it whoever is asking (for example people from South Korea, ...)
Back to top Go down
Eleriel
President of eSwitzerland
Eleriel

Law proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Law proposal   Law proposal EmptyFri 25 Sep - 16:51

Honestly guys, first lets get the admins to fix the country. Then we'll see Smile
Back to top Go down
JNArno
Admin
Admin
JNArno

Law proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Law proposal   Law proposal EmptyFri 25 Sep - 17:06

nope, let's start now to be ready when all is over:
we shouldn't do laws in one or two days, we should discuss of everything and then vote, it'll take at least one week. so we should start asap.

and honestly... do we really have to wait while doing nothing? no let's be ACTIVE guys!
Back to top Go down
Eleriel
Eleriel

Law proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Law proposal   Law proposal EmptyFri 25 Sep - 17:08

What kind of laws are we talking about here? If its what congress can vote on, I don't think it will be any use. I highly doubt the Admins will give us Congress. I think its more likely that they reset the tax levels to default, which would help us aswell.
Back to top Go down
JNArno
Admin
Admin
JNArno

Law proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Law proposal   Law proposal EmptyFri 25 Sep - 17:18

After a discussion with Eleriel, this topic will be only for ideas of law!
so let's get creativ but realistic!

see you
Back to top Go down
MacEron

Law proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Law proposal   Law proposal EmptyFri 25 Sep - 18:55

Reiji Mitsurugi wrote:
Law number one: Guarantee of religious freedom.

Except Theocrats!!! Evil or Very Mad

LOL, yes we are racist.

However I want says this to you:

Admin, certainly, won't fix the bug soon, why?

They haven't fix a bug in South Korea (of citizenship) in 20 days Very Happy

And AndreID (an admin) is a Theocrat in game Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eleriel
Eleriel

Law proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Law proposal   Law proposal EmptyFri 25 Sep - 19:12

MacEron wrote:

Are you trying to say that you will make sure that we will not get what we asked for?

I believe that we can have a certain form of understanding between our countries (as posted on the other topic you replied on). But you must also understand that we wish to build the new eSwitzerland based on values that are probably not shared by the theocrats. This simply means that we ask that you respect our values, and if you wish to be part of eSwitzerland that you understand these values. This is by no means a way of excluding people from eSwitzerland, as it is my firm belief that we are all entitled to our beliefs and opinions. This is merely a way of ensuring that certain values are withheld, such as a group not controlling all political parties Wink
Back to top Go down
MacEron

Law proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Law proposal   Law proposal EmptyFri 25 Sep - 19:19

Eleriel wrote:
MacEron wrote:

Are you trying to say that you will make sure that we will not get what we asked for?

I believe that we can have a certain form of understanding between our countries (as posted on the other topic you replied on). But you must also understand that we wish to build the new eSwitzerland based on values that are probably not shared by the theocrats. This simply means that we ask that you respect our values, and if you wish to be part of eSwitzerland that you understand these values. This is by no means a way of excluding people from eSwitzerland, as it is my firm belief that we are all entitled to our beliefs and opinions. This is merely a way of ensuring that certain values are withheld, such as a group not controlling all political parties Wink

No.

I try to say to you, that you will get what you asked for, but not today or tomorrow, do you undestand now? Smile

However we controlled all parties on Swiss, because one of this was created by Hungarians, and the other by Billy Bob Joe Smile
Back to top Go down
Eleriel
Eleriel

Law proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Law proposal   Law proposal EmptyFri 25 Sep - 19:21

I know that, I'm not completely naive. but we will wait, what else can we do? Smile

Controlling all parties is a way to repress opposition, creating a form of dictatorship Wink But anyway, lets not talk about the past, lets build on the future !
Back to top Go down
MacEron

Law proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Law proposal   Law proposal EmptyFri 25 Sep - 19:30

Eleriel wrote:
I know that, I'm not completely naive. but we will wait, what else can we do? Smile

Controlling all parties is a way to repress opposition, creating a form of dictatorship Wink But anyway, lets not talk about the past, lets build on the future !

Exactly, Theocracy in the game is a form similar to dictatorship, but we give all to the member of Theocracy, we give all day gift, we give house with a ridicolouse price, 25 gold an house q5, for this motivation, I am angry when someone says that we are a group that use a country only for make money (this is not against you).

However sorry for my suck english Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eleriel
Eleriel

Law proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Law proposal   Law proposal EmptyFri 25 Sep - 19:33

I understand, but that is why people who are not theocrats tend to have an issue with it^^

As for your english, no worries, its a lot better than my Italian Smile
Back to top Go down
arisocrates

Law proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Law proposal   Law proposal EmptySat 26 Sep - 17:01

Hello, I'm interested in being in the congress of this nation once I'm able to. I'm level 13 in game, and I live in the eUS, as well I have ten US dollars on my account. As many of you know, it's somewhat uncommon that eUS citizens move out into the world, once they realize how difficult it is to get into the government and make a difference in nation with over fifteen thousand people. Now, don't get me wrong; I'm not power-hungry, I just simply want to make a difference in this game, and a small, tight-community with such a small population as Switzerland is a good place in my opinion to live.

Now, what is this bug you're all talking about?

Also, here are my suggestions: Obviously, lower the taxes. But lower them to an extreme. Like, ten percent or less on everything. From my experience, it seems a low tax rate is necessary for a growing nation, especially one in such bad shape as our nation. We can't afford to build military companies such as iron/oil/moving tickets/or guns. We need wheat and food companies: that should be our priority. Our eventual expansion DEPENDS on the citizens, not the government primarily. Our citizens will have a hard enough time getting back on track without taxes bearing down on them.

I also suggest we implement a fierce anti-PTO program. We might not be able to focus on our military or hospitals and defense systems, but the one thing we can make sure to excel in is the portions of our government that don't require money is our foreign policies and interior government. PEACE will no undoubtedly try to PTO such a small country as us. Thus, I believe the age of neutrality is past. Sure, it's something you may all dream about, but let's just agree. It's NOT achievable. Do you know how tempting of a target we must be to surrounding nations. I suggest we try to make an alliance with the eUS as soon as possible. I'm sure that now that they've basically liberated all their regions, they'll be more then happy to help us; they'll have something to keep their war machine well oiled, as you all know war is an excellent boost to one's economy.

Let's show the world we are not just some pussy ass neutral country that doesn't do shit for the world or for itself. Let's show that we're willing to ACTUALLY be involved with this game. That's all for now.

Last edited by arisocrates on Sat 26 Sep - 17:07; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Eleriel
Eleriel

Law proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Law proposal   Law proposal EmptySat 26 Sep - 17:05

Bug prevented us from being free from time, preventing us from getting congress, preventing us from reducing taxes Razz OUCH !!! xD Anyhow we're working hard at preparing everything for the day things go well, and for the moment we can't do much more than that. Your ideas are good, just understand that we already are doing everything we can Smile Our major limitation is funds, and we're slowly gathering those, so be patient, and it will be fine Smile
Back to top Go down
arisocrates

Law proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Law proposal   Law proposal EmptySat 26 Sep - 17:16

I understand. I'm just saying I'd like to be involved with your government if that's possible. I know a lot about game mechanics and I'm hoping you don't just see me as some overly active citizen that you can send a "Thank you, but we're doing our best" letter to and sweep me under the rug. Cool

This may sound extremely biased, but I don't like the idea of a multi-lingual nation. Sure, having a few officials with multi-lingual capabilities in international affairs is very useful, yet I don't like the idea of a three plus language. This isn't real life. Let's make this country an English nation. If foreigners want to join us, then let them speak English. Gradually making English the most spoken language will unify us. Why do we even have a multi-lingual forum? Who's the administrator anyway? Let's get them to make this a completely English speaking forum.

Also: I believe in aligning with F/E, which is soon to be the new global power, but I don't believe in being their puppets either. If we're primarily English, we'll attract lots of English speaking players, which probably makes up the majority of this nation. When I first joined, I wanted to be in Germany but I can't speak English so I had to join the eUS. Seriously, we have an Italian portion of the forum? Have German/etc. is fine but Italian??

Last edited by arisocrates on Sat 26 Sep - 17:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
F4ucon

F4ucon

Law proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Law proposal   Law proposal EmptySat 26 Sep - 17:20

If we are a so small nation, we need everyone to help us even if they don't speak english so we'll keep the other languages parts. But of course, the main topics will be in english.

For PEACE, do you know that we are surrounded by PEACE nations ? eFrance attacked eUSA just a few days ago so if we sign a pact with eUSA, I don't think that eFrance will let us be a free nation.
Back to top Go down
Eleriel
Eleriel

Law proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Law proposal   Law proposal EmptySat 26 Sep - 17:22

Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but 98% of the people on this forum are non native english speakers. Now, we will keep the official stuff in english, simply so that everyone can understand, but we will not remove other languages. Talking about participating in politics, I can tell you that you won't be very popular if you take away other languages, when most people here are non native english speakers Razz

As for involvement in our government, I am not opposed to the idea, but we must simply get to know you first, everything in its own time. If you truly want to be part of the government, then should that you can bring constructive advice, that you're dedicated, etc...
Back to top Go down
arisocrates

Law proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Law proposal   Law proposal EmptySat 26 Sep - 17:28

Dude, we don't even have to join F/E. We can just be allies with Canada/US. France is WEAK. Their attack barely scratched the eUS. If we align with the Western nations, any assault on us will easily be deflected by our allies.

1. I don't want us to just be just another PEACE puppet. Europe is a freakin' stronghold for them as is. Let's spice things up.
2. Neutrality is not an option. It's symbolizing how stale we are, and unwilling to change. This is not real life. We could make ourselves an empire if we wanted to, gosh darn it, though I wouldn't support it.
3. F/E may also make us their puppet; but theres a much smaller chance of F/E attempting this.
4. Let's simply align with eUS/eCanada, but let's not join F/E. Let's make it clear to the world we're not just a PEACE puppet but we also have our own interests and will also refuse to be F/E puppets.

I agree to your arguments about language, however.

P.S. To clarify my main concerns: If we join nations such as Canada or the US, they will defend us. Have you looked at the map? US only has a few nations to liberate left. If we join them now, they'll see this as an opportunity to keep their war companies strong which drives their economy. We'll be untouchable with two or three of the top ten nations defending us, as long as we don't go on the offensive anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Eleriel
Eleriel

Law proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Law proposal   Law proposal EmptySat 26 Sep - 17:39

Right, let me answer these points Smile

1. You're not the one in charge, so its not up to you. We never said we'd join PEACE, but we also never said we'd join F/E. Chill.
2. Neutrality is going to be temporary. We cannot align ourselves as of now. We are too weak to be taken seriously, and it would be wrong to jump into an alliance without even having the country sorted out yet.
3. I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by this.
4. We are no ones puppet, we will not align as of now. We will pick sides when we can actually back up our decision with something substantial.

Sorry to burst your bubble yet again, but Switzerland in real life has 4 official languages. And we get along just fine. Actually turns out we're one of the wealthiest and most developped countries in the world. Oops. Once again, English will be the language used in official stuff, so that everyone can understand, but other languages will remain. I, like a lot of people here, am a native french speaker. That does not prevent me from speaking in english, but there is no reason that french, and official language in switzerland, and an important language in our community should be deleted. Now when we have a large community, who know what will happen, but for the moment removing languages is NOT on the agenda.

Once again, thank you for your interest in helping us. Please continue to do so by offering constructive criticism (the language one is constructive, though slightly misguided, as unlike the US, most people in Europe, or at least Switzerland, speak several languages; I don't know of anyone on the forum that doesn't speak at leas 2), and i'm sure we'll get along fine Smile
Back to top Go down
arisocrates

Law proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Law proposal   Law proposal EmptySat 26 Sep - 17:45

Eleriel wrote:
Right, let me answer these points Smile

1. You're not the one in charge, so its not up to you. We never said we'd join PEACE, but we also never said we'd join F/E. Chill.
2. Neutrality is going to be temporary. We cannot align ourselves as of now. We are too weak to be taken seriously, and it would be wrong to jump into an alliance without even having the country sorted out yet.
3. I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by this.
4. We are no ones puppet, we will not align as of now. We will pick sides when we can actually back up our decision with something substantial.

Sorry to burst your bubble yet again, but Switzerland in real life has 4 official languages. And we get along just fine. Actually turns out we're one of the wealthiest and most developped countries in the world. Oops. Once again, English will be the language used in official stuff, so that everyone can understand, but other languages will remain. I, like a lot of people here, am a native french speaker. That does not prevent me from speaking in english, but there is no reason that french, and official language in switzerland, and an important language in our community should be deleted. Now when we have a large community, who know what will happen, but for the moment removing languages is NOT on the agenda.

Once again, thank you for your interest in helping us. Please continue to do so by offering constructive criticism (the language one is constructive, though slightly misguided, as unlike the US, most people in Europe, or at least Switzerland, speak several languages; I don't know of anyone on the forum that doesn't speak at leas 2), and i'm sure we'll get along fine Smile

1. Please calm down. I NEVER said I'm in charge. I'm just offering suggestions, theres nothing wrong with that, is there?
2. I basically agree with that, and I believe I already said that. Remember when I said our first priority was getting some food companies up and running?
3. Never mind about that.
4. You basically already said that in number one.

Please calm down, I already said I agreed with your language argument, why are you continuing it if I just agreed with you about it in my last post?

Other then that..it seems things have gotten off to a wrong start. Sorry my introduction was..bossy if I may say so.
Other then that, let me clarify some things.
1. I agree with your language argument. No reason to continue it.
2. I agree with your current neutrality decision. No reason to continue it.

Last edited by arisocrates on Sat 26 Sep - 17:51; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Eleriel
Eleriel

Law proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Law proposal   Law proposal EmptySat 26 Sep - 17:49

I'm totally calm ^^ Your tone simply led to my slight overeaction. Anyhow moving on, please continue to bring up ideas, and i'm sure things will go great Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nicktheh
Ambassador

Law proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Law proposal   Law proposal EmptySun 27 Sep - 4:05

as for mention of allying with canada/us
you have me at least Very Happy!!
Back to top Go down
El Trail

El Trail

Law proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Law proposal   Law proposal EmptySun 27 Sep - 14:58

Id prefer to sign a neutrality accord with the whole world but like in real life still hold a military (obviously!) we would sign a neutrality accord with all the entities of the earth. recognized or not and this would act as a worldwide nap (with world to switzerland). since if we are able to get allot of signatorys on it then people will recognize that breaking this pact would be political suicide

Last edited by El Trail on Sun 27 Sep - 15:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nicktheh
Ambassador

Law proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Law proposal   Law proposal EmptySun 27 Sep - 15:01

Being Neutral would be good as well :]
so long as you're not trying to blow eCanada to bits XD
Back to top Go down
El Trail

El Trail

Law proposal Empty